These instructions are a complete step by step guide that will show you how to build a jointer and planer mobile base with drawers for storage and integrated dust collection.
This project is designed to by an EASY build – no crazy joinery.
About the plans:
- Formatted for normal sized (8.5″ x 11″) printer paper, so you can print them at home.
- Includes Imperial (U.S.) version AND Metric version!
- Includes different versions for people of different heights.
- They also include:
- A complete shopping list for the materials you need.
- A complete list of parts you need to cut with all the dimensions necessary (with images).
- Step by step instructions that accompany and compliment the build video.
- Instructions on how to modify and/or adjust the unit to accommodate people of different heights. Out of the box, the plans will guide you to build a stand that is perfect for people from around 5’7″ to around 5’11 (170-180cm).
About this Mobile Stand:
- Standard Version Dimensions: 44″ long x 30″ deep x 27.5″ tall (sets the jointer & planer tables at a standard 30″ height).
- Tall Person Version Dimensions: 44″ long x 30″ deep x 33.5″ tall (sets the jointer & planer tables at a generous 36″ height).
- Standard Version Dimensions (metric): 111.8cm long x 76.2cm deep x 68.6cm tall (sets the jointer & planer tables at a standard 76.2cm height).
- Tall Person Dimensions (metric): 111.8cm long x 76.2cm deep x 85cm tall (sets the jointer & planer tables at a generous 91.4cm height).
- Accommodates most (if not all) benchtop jointers and benchtop planers.
- All versions (Standard, Tall, Imperial, and Metric) can be modified for people of different heights.
- Designed to use fully locking casters – locks roll & swivel.
- Designed to use high quality Baltic Birch plywood for durability and strength.
Tools required (or at least strongly suggested) to build this project:
- Table Saw
- Miter Saw (Not necessary if you have a table saw sled or another way to make good cross cuts)
- 23 Gauge Pin Nailer (Recommended, but not strictly necessary, you could use other fasteners)
- 3″ Hole Saw Bit
- Jig Saw
- Handplane and chisel (Not strictly necessary, but nice to have around the shop)
Because this is a digital product, no refunds are allowed.